Sunday, November 28, 2010

TC Bonded Shockwave performance

During the past holiday weekend I spent alot of hours in the woods. I had two antlerless Iowa tags for the specail November season. The first doe to be shot was nothing impressive. Thirty to forty yards, clean pass through using the TC shockwave bonded bullets, just like the previous two deer I'd shot. The wound channels were equally impressive, for disruption of tissue was at a max. The doe did the bang, flop, roll over and die, (I had forgot that at this range my rifle would be a few inches high and hit her across the bottom of the spine, taking the lungs with it.)

The next doe was the impressive shot of the weekend. As I already had one doe for the freezer I slept in, listening to the wind howl outside discouraged me even more. Finally after dawn I left the cabin and stalked up the hill, down the draw, across the dike, and back up the other hill. It was while I was coming down the logging road I spotted a group of does. Thirteen in total! I scanned for the largest one, with a clear shot, and holding dead on, I fired. The bullet hit home and this doe also did the bang flop belly up then roll about two feet and stopped. The distance was over 130yards, and from one hillside to the other, and a sharp uphill shot.

When I reached the doe I cheked for both entrance and exit wounds, but only found entrance. Knowing that it had been a fairly long shot, I thought that the bullet had stayed inside. It was while I was skinning the doe that I found the exit wound, just slightly larger than a penny in the neck. The entrance had been behind the right shoulder and exit in the left neck. The wound channel on entrance couldn't be rivaled with, and the exit was perfect.

For now, until I find a problem with them I will keep testing the TC Bonded Shockwaves. Who knows whats next.

1 comment: